Thursday, August 14, 2008

Most Useful shortcut keys for Microsoft Word

Though there are lots of shortcuts available in Microsoft Word, most people know onl a few. So, here are some more useful shortcut keys for Microsoft Word.
ALT + F10 – Maximize / Minimize the Word document.
ALT + F5 – Minimize the Word document.
CTRL + SHIFT + A or SHIFT + F3– Convert the selected text into Upper case / lower case.
SHIFT + F2 – Copy the selected text without placing it in the clipboard. Place the cursor where you want to paste the copied text and simply hit enter. Your text will be pasted.
CTRL + BACKSPACE – To delete the previous word.
CTRL + W or CTRL + F4 – Save and close the active document.
ALT + CTRL + S – Split horizontally the active window into two with the actual content in them.
CTRL + SHIFT + D - Double underline the selected text. Use the same keys to remove the underline.
F5 or CTLT + G – To go to a particular page, section of the document.
CTRL + H – To search and replace a word.
CTRL + F2 – Print Preview.
ALT F, I – To go to word options.
SHIFT + F5 – Brings your cursor to the point where you inserted the text lastly. This is a helpful tool when you open a saved document and want to continue from the point where you previously left.
CTRL + SHIFT + > or CTRL + ] - To increase the font size of the selected text.
CTRL + SHIFT + < - To decrease the font size of the selected text.
ALT + SHIFT + D – To insert present date at the location of the cursor.
ALT + SHIFT + T – To insert current time at the location of the cursor.
CTRL + SHIFT + H – To hide a selected text.
CTRL + SHIFT + W – If you use CTRL + U for underlining a selected set of words, blank spaces are also underlined. To avoid it and to underline only the words, this shortcut is used.
ALT + F11 – To switch to visual basic environment.
ALT V, H – To edit the header.
SHIFT + F7 – To view the thesaurus of the selected word.
I hope these shortcut keys will help you in saving your time and faster working in word.

2 comments:

Euroangel said...

very great post..thanks for sharing this!! thanks 4 d visit too in my other blogs!!

please feel free to visit my other sites..thanks in advance..have fun!!

Simply The Best
The World Wide Web Addict
Euroangel Graffiti
My Daily Nourishment
My Euro Travel and Adventure
Euroangel's Exploring Germany
Travel and Discover USA
Blog Connections

Go Travel and See the World
Health Nutrition and My Kitchen
Nature's Beauty and My Garden

Alex said...

Couple days ago I was working with my doc files and unexpectedly something happened. And all of them were lost. I didn't know what to do next,but to my good fortune called a friend up and he advised me - word was unable to read this document 2007. This software solved my issue for seconds and absolutely free I was astonished. Moreover the tool demonstrated me how it exports recovered content into a new file in Microsoft Word format.