Friday, June 17, 2011

Land rates at Thoraipakkam

I have been looking for good areas in the city for buying a home and some of the areas which caught my attention were the OMR road, GST road, Oragadam area, Chitlapakkam area etc. But, considering the other areas other than OMR road, they are little far from my workplace. So, searched for flats/builders in the Thoraipakkam area. As per the information I collected, Thoraipakkam area will be a hot place with the OMR road developing very fast with new malls, multiplexes coming up in the near areas. Adding to it, Velachery is very near to Thoraipakkam area where all the facilities have come up. When I heard the land rates in this area, I was shell shocked at the rates were over Rs.4000/Square Feet. I thought of dropping my plan to buy a flat in this area. But, a friend of mine suggested me a builder. I talked with the builder and I would say I was happy with the talk. The site is just behind the AKDR Golf course and close to the coconut farm. And the rate per square feet, he mentioned around Rs.3500. I felt that I can talk with the builder and reduce a few more bucks. In my opinion, I felt that this rate is fine and having thoughts of going for it. If any one of you feel, that this rate is high, please comment.

No comments: