Its the time of mid summer in chennai and the temperatures have already crossed 100 degrees. Its very very hot and people stay inside home and offices and find a high time to beat the heat. Here are some tips on how to take care of yourselves in this summer.
- Strenuous activities should be reduced, eliminated or rescheduled to the coolest time of the day. Individuals at risk should stay in the coolest available places.
- Wear suitable dresses for the summer. Lightweight, lightcolored clothing reflects heat and sunlight and helps your body maintain its temperature.
- Foods like proteins that increase metabolic heat production should be reduced.
- drink plenty of water or other non alcoholic beverage. You may probably go for natural fluids such as fruit juices, coconut, buttermilk etc. Donot take salt tablets unless directed by a physician.
- Stay more time in air conditioned places. If u cant afford air conditioner, spending some time each day in an air conditioned environment affords some protection.
- Avoid too much sun. Sun burn makes the job of heat dissipation that much more difficult. So, please avoid sun.
- If u had to go out in the sun, then always take a cap and a bottle of water with you to maintain your body fluids.