Are you a person who go for a walk regulary? Well, in that case here are some tips to select your walking shoes.
- Look for a low, supportive heel that rounds or curves in.
- A walker's foot hits heel first and then rolls gradually from heel-to-toe. so, you will need a flexible sole, which twists and bends the toe area.
- Be sure your foot has enough room in the toe box. There should be a thumb nails width (about 1/2 inch) between your toes and the end of the shoe.
- The heel shouldn't slip and the shoe shouldn't pinch or bind, espceially across the arch or ball of the foot.
- Go shoe shopping at the end of the day or after your walk when your feet may be slightly swollen so that you get a good fit. Also be sure to wear the same socks you will be wearing during your walks.
- Try on both shoes. Your feet may not be the same size.
- Keep track of how many miles you have put on your shoes, and replace them every 300-600 miles.
So, select a suitable shoe for yourself and have a walk in the park.